Tuesday 5 April 2016

Gluten Free Pancakes!







One of the hardest things to recreate without gluten is pancakes, but fear not I have come up with a recipe that tastes exactly like normal pancakes, you really couldn't tell the difference!!
I adapted a Jamie Oliver recipe a couple of times until I created the perfect GF Pancake...

To make 6 American Style Pancakes you will need:

- 1 Mug of Gluten Free Self Raising Flour (I used Asda Own brand)
- 1 Mug of Milk (any milk would work from Cows, to Almond, Oat etc)
- 1 Egg
- Tbsp Coconut oil or butter for frying

- Measure out all the ingredients.
- Mix together in a bowl or jug, I like to mix half of each ingredient first, then add the rest as its easier this way if your mixing by hand.
- Once a pancake batter has formed heat oil or butter in the pan, I used coconut oil.
- Using a jug or ladle pour out a generous amount of the mixture and cook on each side for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat until you have made a nice stack of pancakes.

TOPPINGS:
Add as many or as little toppings as you'd like, you can really get creative with this!
For the pancakes pictured I used, coconut yoghurt, strawberries, blueberries and walnuts! So delicious!!!

Enjoy and lets see if you can taste the difference!


Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment